Friday, February 11, 2011

041

Collaboration with little Mahlee, she did the red scribbles. I kind of overpowered them, didn't I? What a brute.

This is the last page of book number one, the pocket page. It was nice to be able to use a Sharpie. If only they didn't bleed through the Moly pages so easily I would use them more.

So, some things I have been thinking about since I last checked in are:

How do y'all title your work in the 'skines? I find that writing the title on it after I am done with a design that utilizes the the whole page kinda miffs me. I usually work in spiral bound books and title on the back. Any thoughts or ideas to offer me about this quandary?

Also, I find when I do an abstract piece the middle seam REALLY throws me off. Whereas if do a more realistic piece I treat the seam as if it's not there. Isn't that odd? It almost becomes a hindrance to the abstract pieces and breaks them up in a way that I am not so sure I like.

On to book #2.

1 comment:

Johnnynorms said...

Fantastic!

Reserve the first or last page for list of titles?

Interesting about the boundary. How about when you start from the middle and work outwards?