Monday, August 1, 2005

Sunday with Stevie

My girl won tickets to see Stevie Nicks on a local radio station. So that is how we spent our Sunday evening. It was both a good and a sad show in my opinion. Not bad at all, but a little sad. The sad part, to me, was how Stevie looked. She does not look good! I was reading some of her fan sites and boards today looking for the complete set list and people think she looks great. I beg to differ, to me she seems sluggish and a little out of it at times. Every time I looked at her up on the big screens she looked like she was having a hard time keeping the old peepers open. Yikes! It seemed like she might be back on the ole pain pill train. I have no way to know that and it may be an out of line assumption, but one I made anyway. One thing that did not help was the yellow light they had her under the whole show, it lead to her looking a little sickly.

We got there a few minutes late because there is no way I was going to subject myself to Vanessa Carlton. No thank you. Anyway when we got there Stevie was already on stage rockin' it. She sounded great, throughout the whole show. She was not able to hit some of the higher notes or sustain notes for as long as she used to on some of the old recordings, but the back up singers helped her with that. Stand Back sounded great and of course, there is nothing like hearing Landslide live, simply beautiful. L and I were both a little misty eyed after that one. She did some of the FWMac songs she's out front on and those were great as well. Over all a superb show, especially for free! I have been a long time Stevie Nicks fan, I love her voice and her dramatic stage presence. I tried to see her for the first time about 7 years ago, and that fell through. Then again three or four years ago at Shoreline and that got cancelled. I am very glad I finally got the chance to see her live; she is after all a legend and an integral part of one of my favorite bands. I just wish I could have seen her sooner when she had a little more spunk...and didn't seem like she was half asleep.

No comments: