Monday, August 22, 2005

Great Weekend!

It was Reno Pride this weekend and we were actually in town, so we decided to go. It turned out to be lovely! We ran into some old friends and made some new ones, what more could you ask for? So good to run into Alyson again, I love that lady! Any time I have been out and about with her I've always had a fabulous time, she is one of the most genuine and real people I have ever met and I am happy to know her. She has a new chopper and oh my lawrd, it is a thing of beauty! Lovers of Elvis shades unite!I struggle with Pride sometimes due to the exploitation but this Pride none of that seemed to get to me. I didn't feel like I was fighting off the people trying to sell me shit or the heteros just there to photograph the freakshow. It was nice. Pride always seems like a weekend when every gay person in town or in the city, when I have attended SF Pride, is happy and having a blast which is the part I do enjoy. Sometimes in the queer community there can be a real separation between the male and female crowds, but everyone is happy and full of love on Pride. I love that feeling. These two boys were trying on sunglasses at the same time we were and were happy to pose with some of the more outlandish glasses on.
Later that evening we met up with some other friends for a bit of dancing. That too ended up being a complete blast! I had never been to Tronix, the latest and greatest local gay dance bar. It was PACKED but we all managed to have a fabulous time anyway. Some of my favorite shots from there...
My only complaint about Tronix...I went up to request some Peaches be played and was denied...in a rather rude manner. He acted like I had just asked him to play Earth Wind and Fire or something. Get with the program dude, there is not a queer there who wouldn't have totally been diggin' on the Peach!
On the drive home...yes there was a sober driver, thank you Lara! The three stooges decided to take some timed exposures from the dashboard of my car. Fun, Fun, Fun!


Then on Sunday...a nice relaxing afternoon at a semi-private Tahoe beach. I feel loved, refreshed, rejuvinated and yes, ultimately proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much GLORIOUS fun! Dance party
fabulosa!