Monday, January 10, 2011

Thoughts, after the first 10 days of this project.

I picked the right size Moleskine. Win. I think anything bigger than the pocket size would overwhelm me. I am trying to do this project and still be able to work on other things. So far that is working out. I worked on FONTS last week and I enjoyed it. Clearly I still have improving to do in that area. When I use language in my doodles it's really easy for me to use the standard block font that I used on 001 and 004. It comes natural to me. I want to branch out from that font and have others in my "it comes natural to me" arsenal. For the next 10 days or so I am going to work on layers. Layering doesn't feel that natural to me. When I start doodling I usually start with a black pen, I want to break out of that habit and see where it takes me. To those of you who dropped by and gave me support over the past 10 days, THANK YOU! It's nice to know I am not toiling away in complete obscurity.

4 comments:

pixo said...

Like your thinking process ... keep up the good work!

Any chance that a Tilley will grace your pages?

Johnnynorms said...

With you so far! Good mixture of text, abstract and pictorial.

Angus the mouse said...

Agree. Nice mixture and process experimentation. Will be really fun to watch all year.

Also, I really like this artist comment post.
What a great way to get more feedback.

What about one about say....a particular ani song that has something to say about some fonts? Like an illustration of that, I know you know what I mean...seems like a fun jumping off point.

Something Different said...

I like that y'all are suggesting ideas to me! Thank you Pixo and Angus, I will try and wrap my head around Mr. Eustace Tilley and illustrating an Ani song lyric, or two.