Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Ode to Jackson Pollock ~ Pre Drip Painting

Swirling Inspiration ~ 3/7/04 ~ 5x8

Text reads: "So, my brother bought me Pollock on dvd for Christmas, when I finally got round to watching it. I got inspired. The next set of 10 red, blue and black drawings are my ode to Jackson Pollock, well my ode to the movie Pollock is a more accurate statement. They were done in reverse chronology, 10 to 1."

Jackson 10 ~ 3/1/03 ~ 5x8

Jackson 9 ~ 3/1/03 ~ 5x8

Jackson 8 ~ 3/1/03 ~ 5x8

Jackson 7 ~ 3/2/03 ~ 5x8

Jackson 6 ~ 3/2/03 ~ 5x8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy seeing this group. Having the context of a set adds power to them. The choice of using a limited set of colors throughout adds a sense of cohesion. The dynamic compositions certainly seem reminscent of the movement of JP's works. Scale is one thing I wonder about here, i.e. have you thought about going larger? The small size of these I think would limit how physically engaged you can be with them, and also I am curious about your process...were you "flinging"?

Gabrielle said...

These are fascinating to look at, like rummaging through a box containing bits and pieces of specialized hardware and you can only guess where they came from and what they were used for. Lovely little drawings!