Thursday, May 11, 2006

List Friday 5/9

Just found this pomegranatesandpaper site where there is a list to make every Friday, right up my alley.

What are the plants/flowers/trees that always made you smile?


1. Tulips
2. Lilacs
3. Joshua Trees
4. Cholla
5. Gardenias
6. Calla Lilies
7. Willow Trees
8. Sunflowers
9. Dandelions

Dandelions, why are we always trying to get rid of them? I like 'em. They look fine, they aren't ugly like other weeds and they do that cool turn into cottonish thing. What do we have against them? I have noticed recently in Reno that lawns are about 1/2 grass and 1/2 dandelion. If lawn is a must then I say why not share it with the dandelions?

6 comments:

steve said...

I like 'em too--they're great to see popping up in the spring and summer. Unfortunately, like too many things, they make me sneeze like crazy.

Patrick said...

Dandelions were always fun as a kid- nothing like blowing or kicking one of those puffed out white things that sent spores into the air like crazy! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the nice comment on the KISS artwork. I have met the members of KISS on a few different occassions, but not as a result of that project. They are all very cool, Gene has been very complimentary about my artwork, I do a lot of airbrushed KISS t-shirts for various fans as well.

Anonymous said...

I always picked dandelions and my kids did, too. I loved their little grubby bouquets.

I don't know what cholla are.

Lee said...

we had a friend come visit from another state and were driving around looking at houses and stuff...she wanted to know what all the yellow flowers in people's lawns were...the state flower or something?...yeah, something like that...reminds me I need to cut the grass this weekend

Kris Loya said...

pomegranates and paper is the best blog! She writes for a magazine called cloth paper scissors too her articles are amazing shes a great lady!

Johnnynorms said...

I'm a big fan of oak trees, and Rachel goes mad for bluebells in the woodlands this time of year. Dandelion clocks are ace. As are sycamore helicopters. Sunflowers certainly make me smile!