Monday, June 13, 2005

Today in history...redux

Michael Jackson is acquitted on all child molestation charges. Meanwhile I heard from another friend over the weekend that someone close to them was molested as a child. What the hell is wrong with this world? I would say that about 80% of the people I know have confessed to me that one person or another sexually abused them as a child, most of them by a family member. WTF?? How does this happen?? What is wrong with people?? I have no idea if Michael Jackson did or did not do what he was being accused of. What I do know is he was robbed of his childhood and supposedly abused by his father. Where does it end? Thinking about all of this makes me ill.

I logged on with the idea of writing about the weekend...birthday parties, love and lovers, surprises, lies and liars, anger, shock, regrets, secrets, crushes, confessions, friends and foes, bad beer, good beer, bad smells, text messages, drinking, bad service, bad people, clogged toilets, smoking, scooters, neck ties, bad hats, sleeping, packing, driving, coffee, hearing great live music, hearing two of my favorite songs played back to back, jokes, California stars, good people, giggling, happiness, shopping, kindness, feeling sick, good conversation, satellite radio, good food, photography, the California sun, and Sunday night sadness...but I can't do it. To many ins and outs and what have yous. Life is a roller coaster ride and I need off to take a breather ~ as I said above, I feel ill.

No comments: